King AbdulAziz Bin AbdulRahman Al Faisal Al Saud:
King AbdulAziz was born on 15-01-1876 (G), in Riyadh city, and grew in care of his father. Shaikh Al Qadi Abdullah Al Kharji taught him reading and writing, he memorized some chapters of the Holy Qur’an under him. He learnt complete reading by Shaikh Mohammed Bin Musaibih. Shaikh Abdullah Bin AbdulLatif AlShaikh taught him principles of Islamic Jurisprudence and Monotheism.
King AbdulAziz led foundation of modern day Saudi Arabia, he put in lot of efforts to unify the tribes and provided them with appropriate social environment and worked towards improving their financial well-being. Since his entrance in Riyadh, he strived to establish modern country based on Islamic Law and Traditions of Prophet Mohammed (PBUH).
In 1915 (G) he entered in first official pact (Daren Agreement Al Qatif) of Kingdom of Saudi Arabia with British government. He gave first preference for organizing country’s new administration after merging the Hejaz region. In addition, he gave lot of importance to infrastructure building of the country, and prioritized creation and care of roads and transportation to link regions of the country and establishment of postal and telegraph system.
King AbdulAziz Al Saud spent almost whole of his life (almost 50 years) in nation building. His soul Departed on 09-11-1953 (G); his body was flown to Riyadh and was buried in his family graveyard.
Sayings of King AbdulAziz Bin AbdulRahman Al Saud:
- I invite people in Islamic religion and want to spread it, and I invite people to embrace creed of righteous ones, this creed reveres Allah’s Book, and Traditions of Prophet Mohammed (PBUH), and have complete satisfaction in it.
- I am nurtured in tribes and had no language eloquence and its adornment, but know the reality of every adornment.
- Our honor and glory is in Islam.
- Reform need consultation to establish what is right and has its characteristics and splendor to get benefit from, if there is no consultation there is possibility of bias and defect, consultation should adhere to Allah’s Order and Traditions of Prophet Mohammed (PBUH).
King Saud Bin AbdulAziz Al Saud:
King Saud Bin AbdulAziz was born on 12-01-1902 (G) in this very year King AbulAziz retook Riyadh and participated in political and war related efforts. In his reign King AbdulAziz gave management of Najd to King Saud. King Saud became Crown Prince on 22-05-1933 (G).
On 11-05-1933 (G), Royal Decree was issued approving appointment of Crown Prince. King Saud was given leadership of Armed Forces on 24-08-1953 (G), and he was also given the authority of Ruling, after demise of his father King AbdulAziz Al Saud (may rest his soul in peace) on 09-11-1953 (G), and King Saud remained in power until his death on 02-11-1964 (G), then his Crown Prince Faisal Bin AbdulAziz Al Saud made King by the pledge of allegiance.
Important Achievements of King Saud Bin AbdulAziz Al Saud:
- He truly followed the path of his father King AbdulAziz Al Saud.
- Gave importance to solving the problems of Arab and Islamic countries. He supported the Palestinian cause.
- Backed Egypt at the time of Tripartite Aggression in 1956 (G).
- His reign witnessed several internal Royal visits throughout the kingdom and many external visits to endorse cooperation with neighboring and friendly countries.
- In his reign many ministries such as Commerce, Transport, Education, Agriculture were formed.
- In the year 1957 (G) King Saud inaugurated the first university of kingdom (King Saud University), and first military college (King AbdulAziz Military College) in Riyadh.
- Many important laws of the country were issued in his reign and one of them is the Council of Ministers’ System endorsed by Royal Decree No. (38) issued on 11-05-1958 (G).
- Many modern buildings were built, expansions of cities and villages been undertaken and completed, modern motorways were constructed during his reign.
- Islamic affairs was given importance as per the wishes of the founder of the country, many religious institutions, Qur’an memorization schools were established.
- Islamic books were printed in bulk; support was given to promotion of Virtue and prevention of Vice.
- Facilities were provided to Pilgrims, expansion of Al Madinah Prophet's Mosque and Makkah Grand Mosque took place, modern weaponry was provided to Military.
King Saud was died on 22-02-1969 (G), his remains was transported to Makkah Grand Mosque for funeral prayers held on 23-02-1969 (G) and brought back to Riyadh and was buried in Al Oud graveyard.
Sayings of King Saud Bin AbdulAziz Al Saud:
- As Muslims we doesn’t have a goal other than unifying our ranks, and uniting our voice, if we achieve this nobody will harm us or harbor enmity for us.
- Islamic world should become strong enough and well respected, and have to promote spirituality and culture amongst the nations.
- Our strength for success comes from faith, and creed and firm trust in Allah. We should strive for overcoming our differences that are dividing our ranks and spreading enmity.
- The link between Ruler and Ruled should be of trust and wellbeing of each other.
- Establishing the Religion and holding firmly the rope of Allah, and governance should be of Allah’s Book and Traditions of our beloved Prophet Mohammed (PBUH).
- Strong should become weaker so the weak can take their rights from the strong, and weak should become stronger so they can take their right.
- Allah has Blessed us with Islam, and Made us one nation, Given us one sense, and Given us one goal, uniting our lives and deeds; Made our heart agreed to faith and its endorsement, and Guided us to the path of Prophets and righteous people.
- Always be thankful to Allah the almighty in all circumstances. Our policy should be to improve ties with all the nations; it will lead us to security. Nobody will interfere in our rights, Arab unity should be the basis of truthful cooperation among Arab countries.
- You know my keen interest in caring your wellbeing, uplifting your status and our countries’ status, All my efforts are dedicated for this, we both share aspirations and sorrows; and our partnership considers our elder folks as our fathers, adults as our brothers, children as sons and daughters.
- My efforts are towards betterment of your life and your religion.
King Faisal Bin AbdulAziz Al Saud:
King Faisal was born in 04-1906 (G), his mother died when he was only six months old, he took religious education by his mother’s grand father Shaikh Abdullah Bin AbdulLatif Al Shaikh, he took school education in in his father’s school (management, politics and social life) and participated in many expeditions for unifying the country in King AbdulAziz’s reign.
He was the Head of Saudi delegation which took part in London conference related to Palestinian cause famed as “Round Table” Conference in the year 1939 (G), he also headed Saudi delegation participated in United Nation’s session held on 25-04-1945 (G), in San Francisco King AbdulAziz Al Saud was invited to this conference by the group of big countries and he signed the Charter in the name of the kingdom.
He also attended United Nations Treaty Conference which was ended on
26-06-1945 (G), and signed the Charter on behalf of the King AbdulAziz Al Saud.
He was given larger role by his brother King Saud in review and amendment of several Systems (laws), including:
- Council of Ministers’ System (law), which was repealed by Council of Ministers’ System No. 91/A dated 02-03-1992 (G).
- General Employees’ System, which was repealed by Civil Services System.
- Governorates (regions) System.
- Municipalities’ System.
- Nationalization of King AbdulAziz University from private to government.
- Transforming and grouping of academic colleges and institutes into a university (Imam Mohammed Ibn Saud Islamic University) transforming the College of Petroleum into University.
During his reign on 06-10-1973 (G), major war broke out between Israel and Arab countries. In this war Kingdom’s stand was brave, not only he briefly stopped the oil supply to Israel friendly countries; but also gave Military, moral and financial support to the Arab countries fighting Israel, which resulted in many battle victories for them.
King Faisal died (assassinated) on 26-03-1975 (G). His brother King Khaled Bin AbdulAziz Al Saud Succeeded him, and took the reigns of the kingdom.
Sayings of King Faisal Bin AbdulAziz Al Saud:
- Generally Muslims and Arabs particularly have to be in contact with each other, for understanding themselves and hold Allah’s rope steadfastly.
- Seek refuge of Allah from opposing Islam for progress.
- Islam is the religion of evolution, and religion of dignity and pride.
- Take the advantage of Pilgrimage as an opportunity to confer the advancement of Muslims.
King Khaled Bin AbdulAziz Al Saud:
King Khaled was born in Riyadh in February 1913 (G), and was raised in care of his father King AbdulAziz, learned reading and writing, memorized Qur’an in his childhood, and Studied Islamic Law sciences under the guidance of top scholars of that time. He participated in some Military expeditions and in some Political activities in the reign of King AbdulAziz Al Saud, and was the head of Saudi delegation to Yemen in the year 1934 (G), also participated in London conference with his brother King Faisal Bin AbdulAziz Al Saud in 1939 (G). Saudi scholars, elites, Saudi folks pledged Allegiance to King Khaled Bin AbdulAziz Al Saud and Crown Prince Fahad Bin AbdulAziz Al Saud on 25-03-1975 (G).
The reign of King Khaled Bin AbdulAziz Al Saud was illustrious in the country because wide-reaching progress was made in his regime in Economy, Civilization and Education. King Faisal University in Al Dammam and Um Al Qura University in Makkah were opened. King Khaled addressed lot of prevailing Arab and Islamic problems, and he was in forefront of furthering of Palestinian cause. The Afghan mujahedeen also received his support politically and regionally.
King Khaled Bin AbdulAziz Al Saud died on 13-06-1982 (G).
Sayings of King Khaled Bin AbdulAziz Al Saud:
- Strong believer is better than weak believer.
- We have to build strong economic base, keeping Saudi people at its center, and further their abilities for interacting with generational achievements and its challenges.
- The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia take great pride in its abilities and putting them, and its energies to serve Pilgrims of Allah almighty’s guests who come from their countries amongst their brethren.
King Fahd Bin AbdulAziz Al Saud:
King Fahd bin AbdulAziz was born in Riyadh on 16-03-1921 (G). King Fahd received his primary education at Princes' School, which is in King AbdulAziz's palace built for the education of members of the house of Saud and sons of other foremost Saudis. King Fahd later on enrolled at the Saudi Institute in Makkah.
When King AbdulAziz saw signs of brightness and distinction in his young boy, he started to Train and Involve him in the works of administration and politics through allowing his participation in various delegations of the kingdom of that time. One of these is the founding congregation of the United Nations at San Francisco, United States of America in 04-1945 (G). King Fahd headed the official delegation observing the coronation ceremonies of Queen Elizabeth II as Queen of United kingdom in 1953 (G).
Most prominent posts assumed by King Fahd Bin AbdulAziz Al Saud was his appointment as the first Minister of Education of the country. King Fahd was also worked as Minister of Interior in 1962 (G), and second Deputy Prime Minister in 1967 (G), in addition to his responsibilities as Minister of Interior.
In the Islamic sphere concerning his efforts for the Muslim nation, the Custodian of the two Holy Mosques' King Fahd has achieved many beyond count. What comes as crown of these efforts is the Custodian of the two Holy Mosques' King Fahd Project for two Holy Mosques' construction and expansion, which aimed accommodating more than a million and half prayer performers in Grand Mosque Makkah and accommodation of more than a million and two hundred thousand performers of prayers in Al Madinah Prophet's Mosque.
Furthermore, project was extended to building and construction activities in spaces around the two Holy Mosques' so that pilgrims, lesser pilgrimage performers, prayer performers, visitors and locals enjoy convenience, security and tranquility.
King Fahd’s most loved title was the Custodian of the two Holy Mosques' he substituted this, for the title His Majesty on 27-10-1986 (G). King Fahd has several favors, and noble positions and actions in the Arab and Islamic causes and affairs; and foremost is the Palestinian cause he extended political, material and moral efforts for it. In his reign Saudi Arabia witnessed marvelous progress and development march encompassing all domains of Life, for example, giant strides in both quality and quantity in the field of education, the urbanization and construction, industrial sector revival and development.
In King Fahd’s reign, kingdom witnessed a massive agricultural progress whereas in it the government exerted much effort to support Ministry of Agriculture and yielded positive developments in this sector particularly in wheat production.
on Monday 01-08-2005 (G), Royal Court announced on behalf of HRH Crown Prince Abdullah Bin AbdulAziz Al Saud, and on behalf of all the members of the Royal household and on behalf of the Nation with sorrow and sadness the demise of King Fahd after enduring a debilitating ailment.
The funeral prayer for the soul of the Custodian of the two Holy Mosques' King Fahd Bin AbdulAziz Al Saud was performed on Tuesday 02-08-2005 (G), after Asr prayer at Imam Turki Bin Abdullah Mosque in Riyadh.
Sayings of Custodian of the two Holy Mosques' King Fahd Bin AbdulAziz Al Saud:
- Saudi Arabia is one among the nations of Islam, and it is for them and one of them; originated primarily to carry the banner of advocacy of Allah the almighty; and was honored by Allah for the service of Makkah and Al Madinah.
The service of Makkah and Al Madinah multiplied its responsibilities characterized by its policy, duties, and its implementing of those obligations as per Allah’s Orders at the international level.
- We do not claim excellence but we affirm that this country depends on after reliance on Allah's Might, on its creed of Islam. Whoever rely on the true creed of Islam under all circumstances shall be having a great share of advancement and transcendence in all fields and benevolence of its citizens.
- Anyone seeing the academic, urban and health progress we experience, and know about some earlier situations we went through, might won't believe that this glorious progress happened in such record time, thanks to Allah’s Grace and Blessings on us and our adherence to the Holy Qur’an and Traditions of His Prophet Mohammed (PBUH).
King Abdullah Bin AbdulAziz Al Saud:
King Abdullah Bin AbdulAziz Al Saud was born in Riyadh in 01-08-1924 (G), this King of Saudi Arabia took the same title as King Fahad Bin AbdulAziz Al Saud, the Custodian of the two Holy Mosques', his mother Fahada Bint Al Aasi Bin Shuraim of Shammar tribe. He was the 10 th male child of King AbdulAziz Al Saud’s male children.
In 1995, King Abdullah started taking care of country’s affairs due to King Fahad’s health issues. After the death of King Fahad in (2005 G), Crown Prince Abdullah became Ruler of Saudi Arabia. In addition to his Kingship, he was also the Head of Council of Ministers’ as per the basic law of governance.
Positions he Worked for Since 09-1963 (G):
King Saud issued High Order to appoint King Abdullah as the Head of National Guard; this appointment changed the outlook of National Guard from conventional Military to modern Military in its preparedness and training.
In the year 1975 (G), he became second Deputy to Prime Minister and Chief of National Guard. On Sunday 13-06-1982 (G), King Fahd and Crown Prince Abdullah received peoples’ pledge of allegiance as a King and Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia; on the very same day a High Order was issued to appoint Crown Prince Abdullah as a first Deputy to Prime Minister and Chief of National Guard.
In addition to this King Fahd appointed him on many positions, such as: Family Council Head, High Economic Council Head, High Petroleum and Minerals Council Deputy Head, High Handicap Council Head, Equestrian Club Head, Head of King Abdullah Foundation for Housing Development (A charity trust dedicated to his parents).
King Abdullah Bin AbdulAziz Al Saud was known for his keenness about Arab and Muslim affairs, he was the promoter of Arab and Islamic nations unity, for realization of this target he make many overtures for patching up the differences, he also supported some Islamic nations in different ways. He also visited many friendly nations in the world to further the interests of Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and headed many delegations representing Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in Arab and Muslim countries, and in GCC, and in regional and international conferences.