The Higher Education Statistics Center is one of the Initiatives taken by Ministry of Education (Higher Education) in the year 1426 AH. It is an extension of a Role played by Information Center of General Dept. of Information and Studies for long time since its Establishment.
The Center was established due to the Need of Dedicated Unit for Higher Education Statistics, to oversee Higher Education field, for developing Quantitative and Qualitative growth in Higher Education Institutions, and to provide Precise, and Professional Statistical Studies.
The Higher Education Statistics Center is responsible for Collecting, Safeguarding, Analyzing, Delivery and Publishing Information about Higher Education Statistics. Information and Statistics are collected directly from Universities and Institutions by applying Professional and Scientific Methods, for supporting Decision Making in Issues and Matters of Higher Education, and to build on Best Practices and Experiences in this Field, the Center had taken Expertise of International Organizations and Agencies and benefitted from it.
The Center Aims at realizing following Objectives:
- Collection and Safeguard of all the statistical Information and Data about Higher Education in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Provide Correct and Reliable statistical Data and Information to Higher Education Officials, Researchers and Stakeholders.
- Conducting Statistical Studies.
- Raise Awareness about the Importance of Higher Education Data and Studies.
- Cooperation with similar Centers and Organizations inside and outside of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
The Higher Education in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia – Summary Report Book, 1428 AH.