On 19/05/1421 AH, Noble Royal Order No. 471/8 was issued approving the Resolution of the Higher Education Council affirmed by the Council of Ministers' Resolution that includes:
1. To mandate Conducting Tests as a Criterion for University Admission Requirements Criteria along with the Secondary School Certificate.
Tests include the following:
- Aptitude, Skills and Attitude Tests.
- Academic Proficiency Test. These Tests are to be unified for Similar Fields of Knowledge.
2. Test Takers should be allowed to give Tests more than Once a year.
3. Establishment of Administratively, and Financially Autonomous Center named "The National Center for Assessment in Higher Education".
4. To charge a Fees in proportion with the Cost of conducting these Tests to cover the Expenses of Center's Operation, Development, and Conduct necessary Research works for the Center, in support to accomplish its Mission.
Strive to achieve Justice and Equal Opportunity in Higher Education, and to Contribute in raising Institutional Efficiency by using Sound Scientific Grounds.
Realizing this Mission through:
- Preparing, and Conducting Admission Tests in several Educational Institutions.
- Work to Develop Educational Assessment Tools at all Academic Levels.
- Measuring Educational, and Achievement Indicators in order to lift up efficiency of Higher Education Institutions.
- Recruiting Professionals of different domains for betterment of the Center.
- Providing Consultancy Services for Assessment Centers in various Educational Institutions.
- Conducting Specialized Research and Studies in Educational Assessment.
- Promoting and Developing the Culture of Measurement and Assessment in Educational and Social Communities.