World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) is an International Community that develops Open Standards to ensure the long-term growth of the Web. Led by the web visionary Tim Berners-Lee, W3C works on Several Systems, Metrics, and Quality Standards that brings such growth closer.
Ministry of Education is announces with great pleasure, that :
|||Ministry's Official Web Portal successfully passed the basic benchmark of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) for easier display of web pages, content on any browser. Portal viewing on Mobile devices is also enhanced by Level AAA Conformance to Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0.|
|||Ministry's Mobile Application, and Official Web Portal Version for Mobile phones successfully passed XHTML Conformance, and Quality tests developed by W3C.|
||Ministry's Official Web Portal Version for Mobile phones has valid CSS, and successfully passed W3C-published CSS Conformance Test, and Quality checks for its cascading style sheets.|
We, the Portal Team, affirm our Commitment, and Continuous Pursuit to enhance the Official Web Portal to apply all Standards, and Quality Metrics put in place by the W3C, through taking following measures :
- Providing an English Version of the Portal that provides the same Experience, and Content as the Arabic source, for a large segment of visitors who seek information, and for the Ministry's Non-Arabic clients.
- Applying several web accessibility standards to serve wider audience segments. For example, the Portal has Aids for People with Vision Impairments, and for Dyslexic Readers including Electronic Readers that highlights the text being read. Similarly, the Font Size can be changed, and also the Theme Colors of the Portal. For more information on efforts made for easier web accessibility kindly follow this link.... (Arabic Content).
- Use of Audiovisual Content whenever possible to explain electronic services and to provide help, in addition to provision of transcripts for such content as an aid to People with Hearing Impairments.
- Enhancing the Mobile Application and the Portal Mobile Version by minimizing the need of downloading resources to load web pages faster.
- Designing all portal pages for easy navigation between sections, and quick access to needed information anywhere in the portal. The design maintains a breadcrumb feature that shows page location related to the whole portal structure. Portal pages and content were prepared for quick and easy sharing through popular social platforms.
Whenever the portal succeeds in Conforming to a Standard, you will find the Standards Logo or Badge on the page, so be tuned, and add this page to your favorites.