World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) is an international community that develops open standards to ensure the long-term growth of the web. Led by the web visionary Tim Berners-Lee, W3C works on several systems, metrics and quality standards that brings such growth closer.
Ministry of Education is announces with great pleasure, that :
- Providing an English version of the portal that provides the same experience and content as the Arabic source, for a large segment of visitors who seek information and for the ministry's non-Arabic clients.
- Applying several web accessibility standards to serve wider audience segments. For example, the portal has aids for people with vision impairment and for Dyslexic readers including e-Readers that highlights the text being read.
- Similarly, the font size can be changed, and also the theme colors of the portal. For more information on efforts made for easier web accessibility kindly visit Ease of Access.
- Use of audiovisual content whenever possible to explain e-Services and to provide help, in addition to provision of transcripts for such content as an aid to people with hearing impairment.
- Enhancing the mobile application and the portal mobile version by minimizing the need of downloading resources to load web pages faster.
- Designing all portal pages for easy navigation between sections and quick access to needed information anywhere in the portal.
- The design maintains a breadcrumb feature that shows page location related to the whole portal structure.
- Portal pages and content were prepared for quick and easy sharing through popular social platforms.
Whenever the portal succeeds in conforming to a standard, you will find the standards logo or badge on the page, so be tuned, and add this page in your favorites.