Equality in education for students with disabilities
The regulations for the institutes and programs of special education at the Ministry of Education included a number of foundations and constants in special education, including the following:
- At a time when the state provided educational opportunities for every normal child of school age - wherever he is located on the land of our vast kingdom - it has enshrined itself that a child with a disability should not remain a child with a disability without providing him with special education services in the best educational environment that guarantees him the investment of available educational opportunities.
- The flexibility and acceptance of the regular class teacher for students with disabilities is the most important factor that contributes to the success of his educational career with his ordinary peers.
- School principals can play a major role in making students with disabilities more responsive and responsive to the school through a more flexible school administration, more able to diversify learning options, and support students who suffer from difficulty or problem.
- The school building designed for ordinary students should be free of all obstacles that prevent students with disabilities from benefiting from its facilities.
- Educational departments should verify that regular schools provide education in the least restrictive environments for students with disabilities, just as they allow ordinary students, and work to amend or cancel any conditions or controls that prevent students with disabilities from accepting programs in less restrictive environments, in order to ensure effectiveness educational system.
- Special education is considered an effective method in treating many of the problems that general education students suffer, such as failure, dropout, low academic achievement, and many psychological and social problems.
- The Education Strategy 2016-2020 emphasizes ensuring quality and equitable education for all in accordance with the least restrictive environments and promoting lifelong education opportunities for all by providing equal educational opportunities in quality and inclusiveness to all members of society of both genders, whether they are ordinary students, gifted, disabled, or elderly Or literacy, which includes all stages of education and training in all regions and governorates of the Kingdom, in addition to improving the flexibility of movement between academic programs or technical and vocational training programs, and between educational institutions or TVET institutions.
- The National Transformation Program 2020 included the first strategic objective of the Ministry of Education to provide education services to all student segments by raising the percentage of students benefiting from programs with disabilities (6-18) years from 77575 to 200,000 Saudi students.
- Emphasizing the dignity of the individual and providing appropriate opportunities to develop his capabilities so that he can contribute to the renaissance of the nation (Article 36).
- Establishing permanent and temporary special programs according to the needs of students with disabilities. (Article 55).
- Special education and caring for students with disabilities, in accordance with the guidance of Islam, which makes education a common right among all the people of the nation. (Article 56).
- The state, according to its capabilities, is concerned with educating the mentally or physically handicapped, and devising special, cultural and training curricula in a variety of ways that are consistent with their situations. (Article 188).